One time last year (okay, just before Christmas) I was tagged by sweet Miki for an 11 things about me post. I planned to do it but with all the holiday mumbo jumbo didn’t really have time/forgot. I’m tardy for the party, so I’m not going to pass along the tag, but thought it would be fun to still make a list! So here are 10 things you didn’t know about me. And please, pardon my dorkiness…
1. I grew up on a Christmas tree farm in the middle of the Oregon woods.
2. I have always been obsessed with traveling and wanting to go everywhere. When I was in middle school (this is pre-internet, people!) I called all the numbers from travel commercials to get the free info. Dork alert: I took it a step further and even WROTE LETTERS to tourism offices requesting them to send me information. I would then try to talk my parents into taking me on a trip to these places. I thought the brochures would be more convincing then they were…
3. My first flight alone was to Australia when I was 16, to visit my friend studying abroad. On the 14 hour leg from Los Angeles to Sydney, I asked the flight attendant about 5 hours in to the trip if we were almost there.
4. For some reason, if I have to get up before sunrise I usually get a stomach ache.
5. I worked in video stores for 6.5 years. Starting my sophomore year in college I spent 4.5 years at Hollywood Video. I managed a Blockbuster for 2 years and that’s where Brian and I met :) I will try to never work for a corporate business again!
6. In spite of #5, I have never seen a single Star Wars movie.
7. I am probably the slowest drinker ever. I spend 1-2 hours drinking a coffee and I am totally used to the last 1/3 of my beer being room temperature or cocktail being diluted.
8. I got my bachelor’s degree from University of Oregon (Go Ducks!), changed my major 3 times, and moved to Arizona shortly after graduating for SUNSHINE!
9. I’m totally solar powered. I am paralyzed by more than one grey or rainy day which is why I live in Arizona. I want to live in SO many places but I’m afraid to move somewhere that isn’t sunny 300+ days a year.
10. The accordion is my favorite instrument and I have been (very casually) taking lessons for a couple years. This goes along with 2 dreams I have of being in a band or in the circus. Don’t think either of these will ever happen…
Feel free to join in and if you make a list, let me know so I can check it out!This entry was posted in day to day and tagged about me. ← photo challenges… a brunch outfit… →