Back in December Miki tagged me for the 11 things post & I dropped the ball. I’m going to blame it on business of life at the time, okay? Well I posted 10 things about me but it took so long for me to do it, I didn’t pass it along. Carly recently tagged me and I decided I better not break the chain this time or I’ll be haunted with bad luck for 7 years.
There are five rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you’ve tagged them.
1.I LOVE public transportation and dream of living in a city where I don’t need a car because I can walk/subway/train everywhere. Funny because I live in one of the biggest driving cities. I have to drive pretty much everywhere and I hate it.
2. This is my second time being vegetarian (1st time 5 years, this time 2.5+) but I’m much healthier about it this time and don’t think I’ll ever go back to eating meat. Even when I did eat meat, it wasn’t much because I don’t really like it. Brian isn’t vegetarian but he’s cool with us eating that way at home, but it’s funny how many people think he’s deprived :)
3. I can’t for the life of me decide if I want to have kids. I’ve never gotten that “my clock is ticking and I need a baby!” feeling, but I’m afraid I might regret not having a family. It’s seriously such a hard decision for me!
4. I REALLY want to travel to Cuba (SO jealous, Carly!!), and this is when I curse my American passport. I’ve heard there are ways around it though…
5. As a kid I was SO allergic to cats. Like so allergic, multiple times my mom had to pick me up in the night from slumber parties because I was having an asthma attack from cats. I somehow outgrew it without dying and am now a proud cat mama :)
6. I’m super claustrophobic. I think this ties into the bad asthma as a kid, the feeling of not being able to get air is pretty scary. This led to a snorkeling freak-out in San Diego and my aversion to ocean sports.
7. One of my best memories ever was the first time I ever flew solo in an airplane while getting my pilot’s license. I remember at take-off being equally excited to be flying a plane and terrified- that I was flying a plane.
8. Since moving to Arizona, March has become my favorite month. Nothing beats the smell of citrus blossoms and birds singing AT NIGHT!
9. I am super nostalgic/sentimental/emotional.
10. I love comedy (who doesn’t??). Brian and I spend hours listening to comedy podcasts. I love when good comedians come to PHX & seeing them when I travel to other cities. I think my friends are funny and I’m guilty of re-telling jokes :)
11. I really want a garden but I can’t grow anything! I over-water cacti to death and under-water everything else.
And for Carly’s questions…
1. If you could be on one reality TV show which would it be?
Project Runway. And in this fantasy I can make really cool stuff & handle a sewing machine like nobody’s business.
2. Where was the last place you travelled to?
Not counting our in-state weekend trips and family emergency trips… Palm Springs around Christmas.
3. Have you ever been in a fist fight? If so, I want the story… :)
Ummm no. I am the biggest wussy and have never even broken a bone.
4. If you had to wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it consist of (from head to toe)
Well since summers hover around 115 degrees here, definitely a sleeveless dress, and comfy shoes like Minnetonka’s. Add a sweater & tights for winter.
5. What is your favourite movie?
Well the one I’ve seen the most and can quote is Home Alone.
Favorite for style & content- The Graduate.
6. If you could go without one social media platform, which would it be?
That’s easy. Facebook.
7. What was your last dream about (that you remember)?
I think there was thrifting involved :)
8. You just won the lottery (Congrats!) What is the first thing you buy?
Two one-way airplane tickets to start an open ended journey around the world!
9. How many pairs of shoes do you own? And which pair is your favourite?
Would you judge me if I said over 100? My Minnetonka moccs get the most wear these days.
10. What was your favourite past Halloween costume?
A French person back in middle school. I don’t know, I love Halloween but I kinda suck at it.
11. What is your favourite sound or noise?
Kitty purrs & British accents.
Here are my questions for you:
1. What was your favorite vacation?
2. What is your first childhood memory?
3. Cats, Dogs, or both?
4. What was the first concert you ever went to?
5. What’s your favorite thing to cook/bake?
6. If you could time travel to any decade, what would you choose & why?
7. Describe your perfect day off.
8. What’s your dream job/career & what was it when you were a kid?
9. What clothing item is your weakness & you can’t stop buying?
10. What’s your favorite holiday?
11. What’s your sign? :)